Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Losing The Mullet

Today I made stuffed bell peppers for the first time. It really is amazing how much time I do have after eliminating a huge time waster. I can guarantee I will not be making meals like this every night... because life gets in the way, but today I did and I am thrilled. As I was making them I was thinking to myself, I'm sure my hubby is going to come home and tell me he'd be perfectly okay if I never showed my face on Facebook ever again if it meant more home cooked meals. It's true, cooking is something I do not find entertaining. I can't stand grocery shopping and any recipe with over five ingredients frightens me. I know how much meals mean to my family though, and this is why I want this area of my life to change. Those of you that know me probably wouldn't believe me, so that's why I have included a picture. Oh, and this was before I added the cheese on top. ☺

 As we ate dinner tonight the first thing I did was ask, "is yours hot enough?" I can't stand anything lukewarm. I cut into my pepper and it wasn't even steaming. Nope, not hot enough for me. I took it back to the kitchen and warmed it up in the microwave. Ahhh.. much better. Lukewarm is such a gross word to me.. I honestly can't think of anything that tastes or feels better lukewarm. To me it's like doing something halfway.

I came to my first internal battle today when trying to figure out if I should post an update on my Raving Tans Facebook page. I know I initially said I was keeping this business page up and how I would use it for networking, etc. But now that I have committed to 365 days without a personal Facebook page would posting on the Raving Tans business page be cheating? Uggh. This was my battle. I know it's probably such a silly thing to think about, but I don't like doing anything halfway. If I'm in, I'm all in.

I talked to my husband and a few other close friends and family about my dilemma. They gave me some great insight reminding me of how beneficial Facebook has been to my business and also reminding me that my initial challenge was not to rid myself of the Raving Tans page. True. They explained that I still had to have a new approach to my posts though. Their suggestions were that instead of being "social" in my posts, to use it strictly for business in a way. Don't comment back on conversations that may start, but direct people to my website. Genius. It's like I'm getting rid of the mullet! Okay that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but try to follow me here... instead of having the business AND the "party" or social aspect (which was the biggest time waster) on Facebook now I will strictly have the business.

So, my new haircut so to speak will look like this... I will now post once a week on my Raving Tans Facebook page. I'm thinking Mondays might be the evening of choice... and I will be informing my fans of specials and other recent news with my business. My email address and website will most likely always be a part of the post and that will be it.

Gosh, I just absolutely love putting my thoughts down in a forum like this and letting people know what I'm going to do before I do it. It's a huge motivator. It forces me to not do things halfway... it's like that accountability that we all need at times to keep us from getting lukewarm. Even if only one person reads this it would be worth it to me to keep my word so I want to personally thank you for following my journey.

With that, I will end this post with one of my favorite and most convicting verses in all of the Bible in my opinion. Some people may think it sounds scary... but I just think it's absolutely powerful. I have even had thoughts on getting this verse tattooed on my wrist. I'm a huge wuss though, so I doubt I will ever do it, but anyways here it is.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahah...i was definitely not sure where you were going with this losing the mullet thing, but it is genius! Definitely gave me a good laugh at work! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see your mullet go... this is such a better look for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm blessed by your sweet words!

They inspire and encourage me to keep sharing my story...

Thank you.

♥Heather